The Growth Factor Inventory (GFI) measures four qualities that have been shown to define an individual’s readiness to stretch beyond their current role. It focuses specifically on those capabilities that can contribute to leadership development.
- Eagerness to learn – the willingness to take a risk in learning something new
- Breadth of perspective – the ability to take a wider perspective and bring in additional points of view
- Understanding others – accurate understanding of other people’s thoughts and feelings
- Personal maturity – the ability to take feedback and difficulties as a chance to grow.
The GFI was based on in-depth research and findings in leadership development and human performance and tested against Hay Group’s proprietary database of thousands of leaders at all levels.
Outstanding leaders at all levels scored higher in every factor. In other words, the Growth Factors strongly correlated to outstanding leadership.
This offering is delivered using our self-service administration system. Our self-service administration website gives you full control to administer this tool in your organization (creating participants, sending survey links and reminders, and producing feedback reports). Once participants log in they can nominate people to provide feedback on them – survey links are automatically emailed to raters. We will provide you with training on our self-service administration tool so you are ready to go.
The GFI generates two reports:
- The talent report gives managers the ‘big picture’ by providing an ‘audit’ of potential across a group of employees
- The feedback report gives individuals the information they need to understand and work on their own potential.
Click here to download the GFI brochure